2) December 20th, LA Kings – The Champs’ first stop at the Tank. I have no idea what their roster will look like but my guess is eerily similar to the one that hoisted Lord Stanley. Should be a doozy.
Quick Hits: Nash To Sharks Rumor And Schedule Release Day!
First of all, Nash to the Sharks?
Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet tweeted out that the Sharks are offering a 1st round pick along with some combination of Clowe, Pavelski and Demers (or all 3) for Rick Nash. Another rumor is that Scott Howson of the Blue Jackets has said he needs 3-5 assets back for Nash, which would indicate that this rumor is right inline with what he needs. I don’t like this deal at all. Two top 6 forwards, our top young gun on D AND a pick? Hockey Gods, say it ain’t so.
Incidentally, if you want to know who Nick Kypreos REALLY is, click here. He was epic.
Second but, more exciting: schedule release day!
The schedule was released today here, and in honor of that, today’s list will show the top 5 games that I’m interested in attending. Games not on the list but deserving of an honorable mention: Feb 25th (first time hosting the new Winnipeg Jets) and November 1st (boo the Blues). Enjoy the draft!
Best Home Games In 2012-2013,
1) October 15th, NY Rangers – from a talent standpoint alone, the home opener should be a good chance to see how we stack up against a tough appointment.
3) January 9th, Detroit Red Wings – A mountain of fans usually invade the tank sporting the winged wheel whenever they come to town, get out your gear and Teal up!
4) November 24th, Anaheim Ducks – First home game vs. a division rival. There are rumors circling that Bobby Ryan’s on the block too, I smell chum in the water.
5) January 5th, Philadelphia Flyers – I always relish a chance to boo the guys who boo’d Santa. NHL ’13 cover boy will be in the house.