The last time the San Jose Sharks were away from home, they swept a three-game road trip. They’ll embark on a brief one starting Monday night, as they head to Calgary to take on the Flames.
San Jose is on a roll, with a 7-1-1 record in its last nine games. However, the Sharks have lost two of three, including a 3-2 shootout defeat to the Capitals at home on Saturday. They have not lost two games in a row in nearly two months.
Meanwhile, the Flames are out of the playoff picture, but are still a dangerous squad. They are coming off an 8-1 thrashing of the Oilers on Saturday on the road.
This is the fifth time these teams will play this season, with the Sharks winning three of four meeting thus far.
Tale of the Tape
- Goals for per game: 2.93 (7th)
- Goals against per game: 2.32 (4th)
- Shots per game: 34.9 (1st)
- Shots against per game: 27.7 (5th)
- Penalty minutes: 658 (5th)
- Power play percentage: 16.0% (22nd)
- Penalty kill percentage: 84.7% (5th)
- Goals for per game: 2.48 (T-21nd)
- Goals against per game: 2.92 (25th)
- Shots per game: 26.8 (28th)
- Shots against per game: 28.0 (6th)
- Penalty minutes: 791 (19th)
- Power play percentage: 15.5% (24th)
- Penalty kill percentage: 81.8% (17th)
Sharks: Joe Thornton (11 G, 58 A), Joe Pavelski (34 G, 33 A), Patrick Marleau (30 G, 32 A)
Flames: Jiri Hudler (15 G, 31 A), Matt Giordano (12 G, 31 A), Mikael Backlund (18 G, 20 A)
Sharks: : Tomas Hertl (knee) and Brad Stuart (upper body) are on IR. Raffi Torres (soreness) did not play Thursday.
Flames: David Jones (shoulder), Markus Granlund (upper body) and Dennis Wideman (upper body) are out.
SAN JOSE (46-18-8)
Opening Face-off: 6:00 PM PST
Location: Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, Alberta
Tags: San Jose Sharks