Mar 19, 2015; Toronto, Ontario, CAN; San Jose Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic (44) shoots against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre. The Sharks beat the Maple Leafs 4-1. Mandatory Credit: Tom Szczerbowski-USA TODAY Sports
It’s that time again as another week has come and passed as the summer continues to roll on. With that in mind, catch up on all your San Jose Sharks news from this past week:
– We finished our season review of the defensemen with a look at San Jose’s top pairing of Marc-Edouard Vlasic and Justin Braun. Both players battled through injuries last season and probably didn’t have the years they wanted to. It appears new head coach Peter DeBoer will keep the duo in tact to begin the 2015-16 season.
– Speaking of DeBoer, he was “confident” that the Sharks would have a captain in place by the time the puck drops on the season opener against the Los Angeles Kings. DeBoer said he doesn’t want to create a distraction or have the decision drag into the start of next year.
More from Sharks News
- Norris Trophy odds show Erik Karlsson a step above the rest
- Red hot Couture provides a much needed boost
- Sharks return to SAP in sight
- Ryan Donato shines in his revenge game
- Tomas Hertl is off to a hot start
– Looking ahead to next season, we took an early look at how San Jose might look, beginning with the forwards. While the Sharks will still rely on their core four up front, they have some talented young players who appear ready to leave their imprint on this team.
– Unfortunately, one forward has decided to return home as Daniil Tarasov signed with HC Dynamo Moscow of the KHL.
– Finally, check out which national writer believes the Sharks are primed for a return to postseason action in 2015-16.
Stay tuned to Blades of Teal as we slowly inch closer to the beginning of the hockey season this fall.