From a Game 7 blowout to a tough Game 1 defeat, relive all the action from the past week of Sharks hockey here at Blades of Teal.
Unfortunately, the week ended with team teal experiencing a tough loss in Game 1 of their Western Conference finals series against the St. Louis Blues.
There’s plenty to catch up on throughout the past week so relive it all in the latest weekly roundup:
– Despite an overall solid effort, the Sharks came up short in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals as they couldn’t find a way to solve Brian Elliott, dropping a 2-1 decision.
– Thus far, the staff at Blades of Teal has correctly predicted that the Sharks would win each of their first two playoff series. With that in mind, check out the series predictions as team teal squares off against the Blues.
More from Blades of Teal
- San Jose Sharks fans need this Erik Karlsson shirt from BreakingT
- Norris Trophy odds show Erik Karlsson a step above the rest
- Are you the 2021 FanSided Sports Fan of the Year?
- Korenar deserves a chance at the NHL level
- Three prospects the Sharks should consider drafting
– San Jose has never been to the Stanley Cup Final in their 25 years of existence as a franchise. Be sure to read up on all the reasons why they will and won’t advance past St. Louis to get there.
– The Sharks and Blues are fairly even on the ice and that played out in Game 1 last night. Here are the pivotal matchups to watch throughout this series along with the four keys to a team teal victory in this one.
– San Jose and St. Louis have met on four previous occasions in the postseason with the most recent coming back in 2012 when the Blues won in five games. Let’s take a look at the differences between that Blues team and the one the Sharks will currently face.
– Looking back at their previous series, team teal came out like gangbusters in Game 7 as they absolutely throttled Nashville by a 5-0 final to advance to their fourth Western Conference Final in team history.
– In that big Game 7 victory, the Sharks were led by their best players, who shined brightly when all the chips were in the center of the table.
– San Jose’s win over the Predators was a big boost for this franchise which has fairly or unfairly garnered the moniker of playoff underachiever.
– One of the bright surprises of this postseason run for team teal has been the emergence of Chris Tierney who has provided great depth for this Sharks squad.
– Finally, in case you’ve been absent from Twitter, Sharks captain Joe Pavelski is in a battle for the cover of the EA Sports NHL 17 video game and needs your help in order to get him there.
San Jose will return to the ice tomorrow night as they look to even up their Western Conference Final series as they don’t want to drop both games in St. Louis.