The San Jose Sharks are inching towards the beginning of their 2015-16 campaign. The Sharks organization kicked off their season with their second annual fan fest over the weekend, and preparations are ongoing as San Jose kicks off their training camp later on in the week.
With that in mind, check out the latest weekly roundup where we catch you up on all the latest San Jose Sharks news.
– The San Jose Sharks welcomed a fan favorite back to the organization, as Evgeni Nabokov was named as a goalie coach along with a special assignment scout. Nabokov is easily one of the most recognizable faces in franchise history and many fans are happy to have him back and involved with the Sharks.
– With training camp set to open on Sept. 18, the Sharks released their training camp roster. San Jose will have 63 players in camp with 38 forwards, 19 defensemen and six goaltenders.
More from Sharks News
- Norris Trophy odds show Erik Karlsson a step above the rest
- Red hot Couture provides a much needed boost
- Sharks return to SAP in sight
- Ryan Donato shines in his revenge game
- Tomas Hertl is off to a hot start
– The San Jose Sharks have done a nice job of stockpiling talent in recent drafts, and some of that talent may begin to show itself as early as this season. Check out five dark-horse candidates to make the Sharks roster to begin the 2015-16 season.
– After one of the most disappointing campaigns in franchise history, the Sharks will be looking to put last season in the rearview mirror. If the San Jose Sharks want to regain their success, here are five keys for the upcoming season.
– Next season, there will be a 2016 World Cup of Hockey that will take place over a two-week period before the 2016-17 season commences. In early projections, the Sharks placed two defensemen on a loaded Team Canada roster with Marc-Edouard Vlasic and Brent Burns.
– For those of you interested in fantasy hockey, Martin Jones could be a solid option in net. Jones should see his fair share of starts and has shown, albeit in a limited sample size, that he can produce very good numbers.
– Finally, the Sharks released their Heritage Jerseys over the weekend in honor of their 25th anniversary as a franchise. San Jose will wear the special uniforms on three different occasions throughout the season as they help commemorate their franchise over the past 25 seasons.
Again, be sure to stay tuned to Blades of Teal for all your Sharks news and notes as we get you ready for training camp and the start of the new season of San Jose Sharks hockey.